Sunday 14 July 2013

Bastille Day






Joyeux Le Quatorze Juillet  - or Happy Bastille Day if you don't speak French.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a MASSIVE Francophile.
I just love the French culture and way of life, especially anything that is Parisienne.
Today in France it is Bastille Day, which is their national holiday celebrating the Republic that was born out of the French revolution (with the storming of the Bastille being a key event in starting that)
- anyway enough with my history lesson.
As it is Bastille Day I decided to have a day of anything and everything French.
(I was planning a trip to Paris but that didn't go ahead).
Today I wore patriotic colours and Parisienne stripes, had a french breakfast in the garden with my fiance and the dog and then when I arrived back in London I watched french films, documentaries about Robespierre and the revolution and then had a french dinner.

I hope all the lovely frenchies out there had a great Bastille Day too
- here's hoping to Paris next year.

B.


No comments:

Post a Comment