Thursday 16 May 2013

The Great Gatsby: Soundtrack


If you have not heard this yet then you are in for a real treat.
The music is all about making the 1920s translate in to today whilst retaining what we know and cherish about it.
There are still a lot of jazz elements to the tracks but with a modern twist which is what makes it work for a film in 2013.
Director Buz Luhrman worked with Jay Z for two years creating this soundtrack and boy it has not disappointed!

Lana Del Rey's single is of course the highlight of the album.
'Young and Beautiful' has to be one of my fav songs from here yet!
To quote my friend Nicky, 'Lana has the voice of red velvet draped in honey' and this sums up the track.
Check it out below ...


This soundtrack has been my revision play list and now I can't wait to see one of my favourite books on the big screen directed by one of my favourite directors, also staring one of my favourite male actors! 
(This is a dream come true)
I am so excited to see this, I just need to persuade Josh to take me.

It may be Thursday but I definitely have that Friday feeling today!


B.

No comments:

Post a Comment