Sunday 26 February 2012

Marni for H&M




It was only a few days ago that the Marni for H&M collaboration pieces were unveiled in L.A.
The pieces, in general, have simple shapes to them but have intricate patterns and designs on them, making each piece unique but simply elegant. The pieces have been styled with accessories but there is really no need for accessories with them, the patterns are detailed enough to carry out the Marni vibe.
This collaboration is without a doubt better than the two previous H&M collaborations with Versace from earlier this year and last year (2011 and 2012). I purchased nothing from either Versace collection because it was not worth paying the price on the tag. However, looking at the Marni collection this time it will be different.
I will be purchasing a few items from this new collaboration when they are released in selected stores and online on the 8th March. I’m sure the Regent St store, right by oxford circus, will be one of the stores that have the collection in stock; luckily for me it is a 2 minute walk from my university so I have no excuse to miss out on this genius collection. I just hope to get paid in time.
However good this collection is my heart will always lie with Matthew Williamson’s collection for H&M in the summer of 2009; true Williamson style made affordable due to the collaboration. The Marni collection does come close to the genius pieces from Williamson but just misses out on the mark in my personal opinion.
Regardless to say a 'Well done' must be said to the teams at both Marni and H&M.
Proud.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment