Thursday 20 December 2012

The Great Gatsby


This week a second look at Baz Luhrmen's Great Gatsby is finally here.
As soon as I heard that there was going to be a new film on the Great Gatsby I was over the moon; after reading Fitzgerald's popular novel for my A Level English a few years ago it became one of my favourite books. This week my excitement has been restored with the official release of the film posters as well as a second, and longer, film preview. Although I have my personal reserves over the 'true-ness' that the film will have to the original novel, it is without a doubt the most anticipated film of 2013. This of course is a given; Luhrmen is a great director (known for his adaptation of Rome & Juliet and Moulin Rouge!), the film itself has an extensive and heavily experienced cast list, and the original book the film is based on is a classic. From a fashion perspective the film is highly anticipated too. I cannot wait to see all of the Prada designed costumes and jewelry from Tiffany & Co on the big screen; 1920s style is a must right now and I'm sure it will stick around until the film's release next spring.

So for now I will have to watch the little snippets of scenes put together for the trailers and will have to wait until May 17th, 2013 for the big reveal when the film is released here in the UK.



B.



No comments:

Post a Comment