Wednesday 18 July 2012

Work Experience

For as long as I've known I've wanted to do something with fashion and journalism because I love fashion and I always seem to be writing, as I'm a history student.

However, to get in to the fashion world is really hard but hopefully that is all about to change for me. A few days ago I tweeted that I wanted some experience in fashion PR or fashion journalism. To my surprise the PR department at Liliyang London replied to me yesterday telling me to send my C.V. in to see if they could help me with some work experience. And they are! In less than two weeks I will start a weeks work experience with their PR department down in Canary Wharf - I am so excited for this opportunity. I am also excited to be getting back to the city, even if it is in the midst of the Olympics.

This proves that if you want something you should go for it, even if you're afraid that you will not succeed - this is how I felt. But what I have learnt from this is that you should always try because more often than not you will succeed and if you don't it's because something better is waiting round the corner for you. Remember this ...

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." - Babe Ruth



B.

No comments:

Post a Comment