Sunday 3 June 2012

Red, White and Blue

This weekend celebrates the Queen's Diamond Jubilee here in the U.K. Every where you go it is red, white and blue galore as the people of the United Kingdom have decorated the entire length of the country in our glorious national colours


(Regent St near my uni, University of Westminster)

(British flag nails)


(My boyfriend's house after I decorated it)


The Jubilee weekend is also the perfect excuse to buy a new outfit and let it shine in its red, white and blue glory.

This afternoon whilst my boyfriend was at the gym I spent my time browsing through fashion magazines and websites trying to find my favourite red, white and blue pieces for the jubilee weekend...

This is a jubilee special clutch from British leather goods maker Aspinal of London - Aspinal is known for its quality leather goods for both home and living, and this royal jubilee clutch lives up to it's Aspinal name.


These wedges truly do shine and show off the British perfectly. Both wedges were designed by shoe maker Aruna Seth especially for the Jubilee; The pair on the right are selling at £1,500 whereas the more sparkling pair on the left is selling for £3,000; they are covered in 3,000 swarovski crystals and took over 2 weeks to make. The shoes are currently part of the Harrods window display down in Knightsbridge, London.


This might not be as show stopping as the previous two items but I am absolutely in love with this tea seat from Radley; You can't get more British than Tea, or Radley either. This gorgeous tea set again has been created specially for the jubilee and the Radley dog himself is sporting the British flag.


After seeing a Jaeger catwalk last September at London fashion week I fell in love with the design house mainly because of its smart, classic British clothing has now taken a more youthful approach. Again, this design house is British and has therefore produced a special range for the Jubilee. My favourite is the diamond print blouse which is featured on the latter of the two drawings; the country must also be in agreement with me on this one because the blouse has sold out virtually everywhere. I love this blouse because it has stayed true to the Jaeger brand by being smart and classic but the small print and the fact that the blouse is sheer fits in with today's youthful trend - I really wish I had bought it when I first laid eyes on it.

This jubilee weekend is all about the people celebrating 60years of the Queen therefore it's the people's fashion that will make a mark on this event more than the designer or high end pieces. Below are what we are wearing for the Jubilee celebrations.


Both me and my boyfriend decided that less is more in this case and have decided for go for simplicity with red,white and blue rather than all over eccentric. Above my boyfriend is wearing a blue and white stripped vest top from h&m, dark red shorts from primark and white leather shoes from Vans (We are still hoping that the weather is going to be sunny down in Bournemouth)


Above is me. I am wearing an oversized blue and white breton striped jumper from next, black sequin shorts from Jack Wills, nude sandals from primark, and a red and white Vivienne Westwood shoulder bag.


Although both me and my boyfriend have gone for simplicity in our outfits I had to include this photo of my friend's dress that she will be wearing for the Jubilee, I am so jealous of it. This summer dress is white and features a British print on it and is from River Island as part of their own Jubilee and London Olympics range for the summer; the dress is perfect for the Jubilee but it isn't too o.t.t which same clothes out there are.

So what will I be doing to celebrate this Jubilee weekend then? I am currently at my boyfriends in Bournemouth for the celebrations; there is a lot planned for this weekend in the town, weather permitting of course.


There are plenty of activities going on in Bournemouth gardens and on the beach. Me and my boyfriend will be spending the day at the beach and on Bournemouth pier; we have made a picnic to have on the beach, inc sandwiches, tyrells hand cooked crisps, strawberries, wine, and home made Victoria sponge cupcakes. We will then browse round the market stalls along the pier, probably getting our faces painted at some point, and then have a champagne afternoon tea at Harry Ramsden's; the evening will consist of a home cooked roast dinner by me (done every Sunday, it is a tradition) and then for a glass of Pimms whilst we sit on the beach and watch the sun set - nothing more British than that.


(Victoria sponge cupcakes that I made)




B.


No comments:

Post a Comment