Wednesday 27 March 2013

Facemask Fun!

The other evening I decided to be brave and make my own face mask.


When it comes to my skin I have a daily and a weekly routine; my weekly routine includes a face mask once a week. (this is normally store bought).
As my skin type is a combination of many different things I always struggle with products that I buy from store.
So I decided to make the perfect face mask for my skin.

Ingredients:
- Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- Natural Yogurt
- Oats
-Banana


Step 1:
Prepare all the ingredients.
I used a tablespoon of softened butter (at room temperature), two tablespoons of yogurt, half a small banana and a handful of oats.



Step 2:
Mix the ingredients together.
I used a blender to do so but you can just as easily use a spoon to mash the banana and mix the ingredients together.



Step 3:
Put the newly mixed face mask in to a bowl.
I then put it in the fridge for half an hour so that it was super cold (this is perfect if you have sensitive skin)



Step 4:

Cleanse your face as usual and then apply the mask.
Leave the mask on for 10 -20 minutes, depending on your own personal preference.
Rinse off with warm water and moisturise as normal.

Science behind the mask:

The banana in the face mask contains a lot of Vitamin B which is perfect for fighting off stress and early signs of wrinkles but is also really good for moisturising your dry skin.
Yogurt is good for hydrating your skin, acting as a calming agent for your skin. Both this and the oats make a good soothing mask for sensitive skin. As often with sensitive skin your face feels tight after using products but this is not the case with this face mask.
It may sound weird to be putting butter on your face, but unsalted butter contains a lot of Vitamin A. This helps to rejuvenate your skin (improving its texture) and helps to stimulate blood flow to deeper collagen fibers in the skin.

Verdict:

Face mask is smoothing and ultra-moisturising so is perfect for anyone who has dry, sensitive skin like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment