Sunday 30 December 2012

New Years Resolution


The new year is fast approaching which means it's the time where people start making their resolutions for the next year. I always begin every year by saying that I will exercise every day, will diet and stop eating sweet things, but lets be honest this is always over by mid January (especially for me as that's when my birthday is so I always cave and eat fatty foods and eat a birthday cupcake).

This year I have decided to steer clear of those 'New Year New Me' general resolutions and set myself more realistic and achievable goals for the year:

The first of these is to make sure I blog more! (being in my third year of university as well as having a part time job and an internship means that I am often running around London like a headless chicken and as a result my blog has suffered over the past few months. Therefore I am going to dedicate more time to my blog)

The next resolution is to learn Italian! (I don't expect to be fluent in Italian by this time next year but I would really like to know the basics. At school I did both French and German, the former I did for a-level. However, I always wish I had learnt Spanish or Italian. I have decided on Italian because once I graduate I want to go in to PR and Marketing and in the fashion world a lot of big design houses are either French or Italian so by speaking a little of both languages it should hopefully help me in my career.)

My last resolution is to be more cultural and make the most of living in London before I end up graduating and have to enter the real world! (I only have six months left at university, and 3 months of those are probably holiday times so I want to make the most of this time exploring and getting to know the real London. I have lived in London since 2010 but I've never made the most of the city's amazing culture and I probably wont have as much time to do this once I graduate and I am working full time. Therefore I am going to indulge myself in art galleries, museums, cute cafes and quaint finds throughout the capital over the next 6 months. This may also help my blog because I am hoping to introduce a lifestyle section to my blog which will be based on my cultural experiences of London.)

These are my 3 resolutions for the next year and I'm sure that I will stick to them, unlike previous years.

To all my readers I wish you a happy new year and hope that 2013 brings you happiness and prosperity.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment