Friday 9 March 2012

Marni At H&M

Ok, so I wasn't one of the crazy people who queued from 3am in the morning in order to shop the collection but I did wake up early and get there at 9.15 on thursday morning so I could be one of the lucky ones who got a token so could shop the collection in an allocated time period before it sold out.

However, by this time the tokens were already gone and the security guard couldn't let me in to the Marni collection section at the Oxford Circus store; I was going to stay and try sneak in but I had uni to go to. I thought to myself that's it, there's no way I can get anything because although the collection went fully live to the public at 12.30 I had uni till 1 and the security guard reckoned it would sell out, I was feeling so gutted.

The clock struck 1 so I grabbed my friend Nicky and ran from my uni down regents street to H&M and to my delight there was still items in stock - I was so happy.

I grabbed the most cutest brocade skirt - it exudes elegance with a purple and gold print on it (see below)


I queued for half and hour to get this but it is worth it.

I think I would style it with a plain black vest, plain black tights, Jeffrey Campbell lita spiked heeled boots and a chunky necklace. The plain black clothes with it will make the skirt stand out and the spiked heeled boots will add an edge to the outfit. I said 'I would style it' because unfortunately I had to return this skirt because the cut of the skirt on my body just completely cut my legs in half and shortened me, I was so sad as it's such a beautiful piece.

So today I set out to return the skirt. I had spent the morning working in the archives so decided to go to the Westfield shopping center afterwards to get some lunch and have a browse with my friend Tuesday.

There is a H&M there so I went in to return the skirt but instead found some pink silk high waisted shorts in the Marni collection - the collection hadn't sold out here so I had time to properly browse and decided to exchange the skirt for the shorts because they suited me much better. (see below)



These shorts don't look the best on the hanger, but they do look good on - very slimming and feed well in to the all american sporty trend. However, I'm quite a girly girl so I am going to style this with a floral bustier top and some nude ballet pumps to make the outfit a bit more girly.

So all was not lost in the end - I started this in a panic state and ended up with a great piece of clothing.

The Marni collection at H&M did not fail; it did not disappoint. It has to be one of the best collections at H&M and certainly makes up for the disappointing Versace collection that was released late last year.

A total success here; Marni has stayed true to its style and has made it affordable to the general public.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment